Skip to main content

| A Surprising New Love... | 14/11/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G

| OUTFIT | Jacket: Asos | Top: Adolescent | Jeans: Asos | Boots: Asos |

Hello again, and thanks for returning to my little space on the internet. How are we all doing today? Are you thinking about the 'C' word yet? Have you had too much caffeine this morning? Are you reflecting back on last weekends antics? Do you feel happy? Stressed? Is the cold weather pissing you off yet? 



I know what you're thinking, 'I'm here to find out what this new found love is, why is she not giving me the answer...' Well, my new found love, Stranger Things aside, is the colour RED. For the season of AW17, I had set myself the goal of exploring more trends, and experimenting with my wardrobe through challenging myself to try and adopt the current trends to fit in with my existing clothes.

Red was an in trend colour I felt dubious about, as I am not the biggest colour wearer, yet I have found myself picking up more and more red items, which has been a complete surprise. And whilst I still opt for black/grey/khaki on the most part, red has definitely been making a few appearances through Autumn so far. I just kinda love the life it brings to an outfit, its sort of refreshing in a way, especially as other than Christmas, the colder months are not a time for bold colour choices.

However, red is absolutely killing it this season, alongside green - and btw I am aware red and green should never be seen, but I gotta say it might have to creep in the blog somewhere cause I am kinda loving it. Tacky? Maybe. Do I care? Nah.



So whats the method behind the madness? How do you incorporate trends into your wardrobe without feeling conscious of your outfit choices? I am always, without a doubt, all about comfort and feeling good in an outfit. It is the most important thing for me. Therefore, I figured that the only way I would be able to add a drop of red into my wardrobe would be to consider exactly what I love to wear. Baggy tees, slouchy jackets, plimsoll style trainers, checked shirts... I could go on.

The red jacket I decided to introduce to my wardrobe may feel slightly familiar to you all, and that would be because last Spring I purchased this exact jacket from Asos is khaki. Therefore, I had been wearing the jacket for at least six months and new I loved the fit, the feel, and was confident in styling it. So, by simply changing the colour rather than buying a completely different red jacket, it made it much less daunting to wear red. I know how I like to style a jacket such as this, so all I needed was to discover what colours would look best.

I feel great in this jacket, and whilst I've only worn it a handful of times, I can definitely see myself continuing to wear this as Winter draws closer, and also into Spring next year!


Now for an update from me. Life can be so challenging sometimes, especially when you have to prioritise your time between lots of things. A social life, a job, university, and this blog are the things I am currently juggling my time between, alongside making sure I am looking after myself physically and mentally (which I am honestly doing a pretty rubbish job of). I can't deny, it is so difficult to manage your time between a lot of things, and I am definitely feeling the pressure of that right now.

What I am using to help me through this busy time is a calendar. To do lists are my best friend right now, as I find them the most effective way of planning my days. Today I am on a blog writing frenzy, and am also making a productive start on one of my university assignments. I must admit, the second year of university is a humongous step up from my first year, and the workload is particularly overwhelming. But, I am doing my best to ensure I put everything into all of my assignments, alongside spending time with friends and George, AND shooting and writing blog posts...oh and my weekend job, lol.

Feeling out of your depth with life is all too common, and so I would definitely advise that you attempt to stay as calm as possible, and focus greatly on planning your time so that you don't feel under unnecessary pressure or stress from tasks in life. All the things you are working towards need to be completed regardless of how you manage to do them, so by removing stress from the equation gives you a sense of relief and calm that is essential in order for you to be as successful as you can be.

With deadlines approaching, I am definitely prioritising university over the next few weeks, as I obviously want to do well in my second year of university so I can reach my goal of obtaining a good degree. However, I will do my best to keep up to date with blogging because it is my little bit of zen in this crazy life. Fear not, I will continue my presence on the blog throughout this time of year, regardless of how hectic it may become. I just hope you all will have a little patience with me, and appreciate the fact I am exceptionally busy at the moment trying to get things done. I thank you all for sticking with me on my blogging journey, and it makes me feel so, unbelievably happy to see my readership increasing and your interest in my content constantly being maintained. Big love to you, my wonderful readers.


Cya next week.
Peace out x


'You are fierce. You're a survivor. You're a fighter through and through. Little brave, breathe. There is a warrior within you.' Beau Taplin / Little Brave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...