Skip to main content

| Styling For Winter, Without Spending A Fortune | 21/11/17 |


G O O D  M O R N I N G

| OUTFIT | Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren | Tshirt: Asos | Scarf: Burberry (fake lol) | Jeans: Asos | Cardigan: Liz Claiborne | Boots: Office |



SUP GUYS! How are we all doing this morning? 

I am currently sat on my bed in the late afternoon, with a hot cup of tea to hand (hopefully I won't forget about it), and I am really digging deep in my thoughts in terms of what I want to talk about today. A stressed student, on the cusp of several deadlines and all I can think about is this blog post. Blogging is a funny thing, sometimes it is my ultimate escape where I can just unwind and spill out onto the page whatever springs to mind. But sometimes, blogging can feel overwhelming, like I am being forced to think about my reality in its most raw state, and sometimes life is not all fun and games, and I just don't really want to come to terms with my busy mind. 

Before I babble on about life and bore you all, lets jump straight in to the outfit I have styled for you this week. I really wanted to create a look that was cosy, and very effortless in which is most relatable on a day-to-day basis. This look could be worn on any Winter day, regardless of what you're doing, and although it is incredibly basic, that's exactly why I love it.



The only new pieces in this look are the jeans and the plain black tee, so I feel as though this outfit resonates everybody's wardrobe because we can't always be buying new clothes and accessories all the time, as we haven't all got mass of disposable income to spend on clothing. I do usually try to incorporate something new in these posts, and something that is a bit bold or very current trend-wise, however today I have shy'ed away from that completely. A spot of simplicity. 

As follows, are a few things I feel are essential for any wardrobe, and are more specifically useful when it comes to Winter time.


Basics
Basics can include a multitude of things, but the two garments I want to focus on are Tshirts and jeans. During the colder months, layering is definitely apparent which means basic items can become very, very handy. An array of basic, comfy tees are perfect for wearing under a jumper, cardigan, hoodie, or even a dress. Grabbing yourself some simple tees will aid you so much in obtaining that perfect AW17 wardrobe without dipping into your savings. Furthermore, a basic tee is perfect any time of the year, so if you want to spend a little more on a decent white tee, it is more than justifiable! Similarly, jeans are such an essential for any time of year, especially winter. A pair of jeans that are the perfect fit will definitely be your best friend during the winter months, you could even wear tights underneath if its really cold outside and nobody will ever know! I love wearing jeans, because they're presentable but require very minimal effort. Jeans are also versatile, so investing in a pair of jeans is definitely acceptable. These jeans from Asos are great because they're a loose fit (extra comfort) but they have a step hem which is particularly trendy, which means I can throw them on with a jumper and boots and feel ready to leave the house in 20 minutes. Jeans and a comfy tee is always a good idea.

* brb, drinking some tea... *

Cardigans
I am pretty sure I have mentioned this on the blog before, but I used to have such a strong hatred for cardigans, as I thought they were ageing and unflattering and just looked silly really. But since last year when I purchased my glorious grey chunky cardigan from Asos, I have completely flipped viewpoints. A cardigan is essential. The end. Nuff said. Having a chunky cardigan that is going to keep you warm and feeling cosy is the best thing ever, honestly. It is in fact, just like having a dressing gown that is socially acceptable to wear out in public. Cardigans have such a cosy, homely feel to them, which I think is exactly how you hope to feel in the winter time. Cardigans look great with a plain or slogan tee underneath paired with jeans, or with a coat layered on top. Admittedly, cardigans don't suit every outfit choice, but 9/10 times you can easily throw one on and it'll look awesome. I am on the prowl for a new chunky cardigan so if you have any recommendations then do let me know. Anyway, this one I am wearing is one I purchased for £1 from a charity shop and it is soooo warm! I love it.

Scarves
I feel as though scarves are pretty self-explanatory really, but I did want to quickly mention them in this post. Scarves are only really worn in the winter time, so now is their time to shine. I own a few scarves and there is definitely something in a scarf that I always look for before purchasing one. Size and thickness are so crucial in picking a scarf because I don't know about you, but I need one that doubles as a snuggly blanket (perfect for long journeys or warming up from a cold walk). The bigger and softer the better! This fake Burberry scarf is perfect for this, because it is super long and is also very wide so it wraps around really well, and definitely does the job of keeping me warm. If you need a new scarf for this winter, go go go get yourself one!! I would suggest taking a look on Asos (obviously) because they always have a wide variety of gorgeous ones.



* The tea has been successfully consumed *

As for an update from me, I'm ok. I feel as though I am very, very slowly achieving everything I want to this month, however the daily struggle and mental strain of this time of year is definitely kicking in more-so than ever. Christmas is coming, university deadlines are very fast approaching, and I just feel a little bit like I need some me time, a bit of zen, and a large dose of chilling out. Next week, I will be turning 20 which is a scary thing to think about, and I'm not too sure how I feel about getting older and not being a teenager anymore. But more on that in next weeks post!


I hope you guys have enjoyed this weeks post, and get ready for next weeks post, as it is a birthday special edition!

Peace out x


'The heart is the size of a fist because we were born to fight for what we love.' Beau Taplin / The fist fight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

1940's Tea Party - London Fashion Week

It's London Fashion Week  this week, as some of you may already know, so it's a pretty exciting time for those of us who are fashion fanatics! If you follow me on Instagram: @angelhowarth  then you may be aware that in celebration of London Fashion Week  I am going to be blogging every day. Every day this week I will be choosing a time period and dressing accordingly. Fashion has been around for so many years, and to reflect upon how fashion has changed or in fact stayed the same, I thought fashion week was the perfect opportunity to show case this. ENJOY!  So today's look is 1940's inspired. The tea dress I am wearing was purchased from a vintage fair in Leeds: The Kilo Sale . I actually purchased this only a few days ago, but fell in love with it. Thankfully, it actually fits me which was lucky since I never actually tried it on - in fact it fits me like a glove which is a real bonus. There is some slight wear and tear on parts of the dress, however since this seems t