Skip to main content

| My First Festival Experience. Thoughts From The Heart | 01/08/17 |

Morning all and welcome to a new week. Today's post is surrounding the much anticipated review of my first festival experience. As you may know if you've kept up-to-date with the blog recently, I attended FIB in Benicassim, which is a music festival! Today I wanted to share with you how I felt about my first festival, and whether I would recommend FIB as a festival I feel you cannot miss out on.

...

THE JOURNEY
In order to catch our flight, we had to be at Luton airport before 4am, so it was an incredibly early start to the day, wearily on about an hours sleep - thank goodness for Pret and their delicious coffee that was the perfect pick-me-up. We then got on our two hour flight, and had about half an hour afterwards to stretch our legs before clambering onto the coach which had almost too good air conditioning because snoozing became impossible due to freezing to death. 3 hours later and we arrived in Benicassim. We applied our sun cream on thick, were hoarded in like to cattle to get our wristbands and were sent off to pitch up our tent in the 2pm SPANISH HEAT. At this point we were so hot and sticky and tired it all felt like a mess. But once we had pitched up, we could enjoy the sunshine and a cold half pint costing 3 Euros. LUSH. Of course, with about 40,000 GAZILLION happy campers, we didn't sleep much on the first night, especially as it was still 25 degrees at 4am, lol. But hey, sleep deprived party animals are never defeated, and we had the most incredible time!


THE CAMPING
The camping experience of FIB ended up to be something quite comical. Initially, I expected there to be a lot of tents, a very loud and busy buzz of an atmosphere, a pretty dirty site, but once inside your tent I assumed myself and George could make it relatively comfortable. Oh how I was wrong...

So firstly, the campsite was waaaay too overcrowded, as our tents literally opened up to the door of the next tent. Also, there was music causing the floor to vibrate up until 6:30am and a constant buzz of people which never seemed to end whether morning or night. These things were all a part of the much anticipated festival fun, and something I took pretty lightly as just 'part of the festival experience'. 

However, where I was wrong was when it came down to actually sleeping. The ground our tent was sat upon was a sandy surface, with large rocks everywhere - like gravel! So myself and George had a lilo each to maximise comfort, until they both deflated. Excellent. So we had two deflated lilos on a bumpy hard ground. To add, because of the material, they were particularly sticky and sweaty. Great. So we decided to use our blanket underneath the lilos and towels on top. Nice. After three nights of minor sleep, we foraged the bin for cardboard to lay beneath us (desperate measures you could say), and finally, we could lay on a hard flat surface instead of a bumpy one... The whole thing was an absolute mare but in retrospective, quite hilarious!


THE MUSIC
There were so many different acts playing on a variety of four stages across the four days that the festival was on, and below are a list of some of those we managed to catch a glimpse of. I would definitely say my three favourite were Kaleo, Kasabian and Dua Lipa as their performances were absolutely incredible - out of this world! Some acts I only saw a song or two of, and others I experienced the entire performance. There was also a beach stage that was essentially an outdoor club, and myself, George and Sam couldn't get enough of it!


THE COMPANY
Aside from myself, George and the 40,000 GAZILLION approximate others at the festival, Sam and Josh also came along. You could go as far to say it was a lads holiday, but then I would probably be regarded the biggest lad out of the four of us. Lol roasted boiiiis. We all travelled together, pitched our tents next door to each other, and had a great time at the beach, dancing like idiots, cracking open plenty of cold ones, and enjoying the sweet festival sound. It was an absolute QUALITY time with these boys. 


Thanks for reading.
Peace out x


'The quality of a friendship should be measured by the strength of your bond and the abundance of love between you, not the number of times you catch up over coffee or go out drinking. We all have different needs, schedules, and responsibilities. What's important is you are there when it matters.' Beau Taplin / Quality Time

Popular posts from this blog

| Going Back To Basics | 10/10/17 |

Gooood morning, and welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to share with you another post from my first fashion photo shoot. This outfit, I feel, is perfect for this transitional period, and is also verging on the smart side of fashion (for me anyway, lol). I really enjoyed piecing together this outfit, and trying to experiment with my personal style. As you all undoubtedly know, I often opt for the comfier garments and that aspect of my style definitely is portrayed through most of my blog posts. But equally, trying something new is exhilarating, particularly with Autumn homing into view so I want to diversify my wardrobe. I am loving the tailored look, and am growing fonder of fitted tops that enhance my body a lot more than a baggy tshirt or oversized jacket would. 

- OUTFIT - Sunglasses: Hindsight Vintage Sunglasses Polo Top: Topshop Tailored Trousers: ASOS Boots: Office Bag: Michael Kors



When playing around with your wardrobe pieces and personal style, I think it is incredibl…

Winter Coat Styling & The Most Important Aspects Of Life.

Evening everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far and are keeping warm and cosy in this awfully miserable British weather. I also expect that you have seen the John Lewis Christmas Advert for this year, or else you're a slight scrooge and complete disappointment. Watch it here before you continue to read this blog post, if you haven't already indulged in the festivity because it is wildlife-filled and exceeds the word cute.

American politics aside, I am hopeful that you have all had a great week working hard, and are being rewarded with a relaxing weekend so far. There's nothing quite like a chilled out weekend after a busy week. Lush.



- OUTFIT - Coat: Asos Sunglasses: Monki Choker: Asos Tee: Asos Jeans: Missguided Boots: Asos



This week I thought I would go all guns blazing with a wintery blog post, as I have been desperately waiting to start wearing this gorgeous coat. Although, I'll be wearing from now until probably April before we see sunshine agai…

| Autumn Is On The Way | 12/09/17 |

I am in absolute shock at how quickly this year is passing us by, how is it already September? As we all know, September is that time of year where everyone goes back to school/college/uni and we begin the much anticipated warm up to hot chocolate, fluffy socks and CHRISTMAS. Fear not, don't run away, I'm not one of those crazy Christmas people who begins to prepare the following Christmas in January, its just something to think about...


Autumn is becoming apparent now, and leaves will soon be falling from the trees, boots and coats will be dusted off from last year, and we will all begin to say those forbidden words, 'I am so cold'. Alongside many, Autumn is one of my favourite times of year, particularly in terms of fashion. I am a huge fan of comfort over style (ironically) so Autumn gives me the perfect excuse to allow my baggy jumpers and checked shirts to pass as fashion pieces. So today, I thought I would share with you all my first composed AW17 look. Please e…