Skip to main content

| A Year That Has Felt Almost Too Good To Be True | 19/10/17 |


- - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you're all having the most wonderful week, filled with memory making and happy times. Today I am removing the blog from fashion completely, and stripping it right back to the deepest, most intimate aspect of my life.

As some of you may know, I like to add a little personal touch to these blog posts, because it is important to me that you funky readers feel some kind of connection with me and are able to relate to my plain human self in one way or another. Despite the fact a lot of bloggers remove their personal life from their blog for a sense of privacy, I feel as though by embracing my own life it can bring more life and energy into the blog. As a consequence, I want to share an important day with you all through this post, and I hope you appreciate the time I have taken to write this. Grab yourself a drink and get comfortable, because this post is a little bit of a long one, but please hold tight, I promise it is worth a read. 

- - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

PHASE ONE.

'You completely redefine my idea of what love is and should be. That it needn't be possessive, volatile, or detrimental to your well-being, but can be selfless, gentle and consistent, and should empower you to pursue your passions. That it should balance and enrich a life, not tear it to pieces.' Beau Taplin / A Redefining 

Often, relationships can become intoxicated, which enables you to lose yourself in the masked person you're becoming in order to latch onto broken pieces. The possessiveness and selfishness of that relationship is sometimes the result of incompatibility, and the inability to understand your significant other at their most natural and vulnerable self. Over time, this can create friction and a certain harshness, preventing you both from compatibility. Barriers of affection, communication, and trust have a gradual lead towards becoming finite.  
But sometimes, a person can bring so much care, honesty and emotional acceptance to your life that you are comforted when at your most honest and vulnerable being. At that moment, there is a true sense of knowing, that yourself and your significant other have a bond much deeper, and much more empowering than ever before. If you are so fortunate to experience this, never let go. Know that this is the best feeling in the entire world. Having the ability to share so much of your life with one person, yet expanding your own personal horizons too with the support and love of that person is truly incredible. When you meet someone who makes you feel you can achieve more personal goals, and who believes in you so sincerely that you have no excuse but to believe in yourself too, that shit is infinite. Beyond the words on this page.
 Meeting you has given me all of those things and more, which I can only thank you for. My heart has learned to contain a whole lot of love; my brain has the capacity to be more imaginative with my passions and goals guiding me to my successes; my soul feels content and peaceful whilst maintaining that rush of excitement felt when I see you; and my body has more energy to keep me motivated even when all I feel like doing is staying in bed all day, because in the same way you care and have confidence in me, I aspire to provide that for you too. Because of you, life is the most precious thing on earth, and so I promise to live to the fullest in order to appreciate the love and beauty of the world. To truly live and experience life this past year has been astoundingly beautiful.

PHASE TWO.

'A soulmate is a meeting of mind, spirit, and body with someone whose strengths, flaws and energy perfectly compliment your own. It is steady ground, a shelter in a storm, a point on a map when you are wayward and lost the promise of a place to come home to for as long as you are here in the world.' Beau Taplin / A Soulmate

A soulmate is easily confused for just a lover. The notion of soulmates is undoubtedly a debatable subject, and whilst I'm not sure I truly believe in the existence of soulmates, I do believe that there is a possibility to find someone that compliments you in every way. The trouble is, true love is remarkably glorified across all kinds of media, so understanding the reality comes with great difficulty.  
When two people find each other, and I mean really find each other, things seem to click into place. Suddenly you feel an overwhelming sense of belonging, like your world couldn't be pictured without your special someone, its unavoidable. Miraculously, problems begin to disintegrate into nothingness and your life journey has altered to a much smoother ride - although finding love that is true doesn't mean your life will magically be perfect, life still goes on and hurdles will always sneak up on you, it just helps a great deal to have someone to support you. But generally speaking, life is a thousand times better because a huge piece of you has been completed.
You make me feel safe. You make me feel protected. The only way to describe your significance to my little self, is to recognise that you are home. 

PHASE THREE.

'I want to begin the rest of my days with strong cups of coffee and the sight of your lashes fluttering open, ignoring alarms and sharing showers, discussing our plans and aspirations, and wishing each other a pleasant day knowing, with beginnings as sweet and simple as these, it can only get better.' Beau Taplin / Beginnings

Grand gestures, expensive gifts and unrealistic promise making can arise between two people. When the pressure to impress is high, and when the pending doom of 'the end' is riddled in your daily thoughts, it can be tempting to 'try too hard'. To shower your significant other in gifts you cannot afford, and to promise the world to that person when you have only a small amount to offer are common mistakes made within relationships. Expectations and stereotypes lead to all kinds of trouble. 
However, in order to really capture your lovers heart, it's the small things that bring you closer together. The real world is so much more beautiful than wishes or desires, because it is the present. The weary-eyed lay ins, that first cup of tea in the morning brought to you by that one special person you love to see when awoken. The simplicity of a walk around the park, conversing about none other than absolute nonsense. These are all examples of moments worth cherishing. A relationship filled with these small, everlasting moments of pure joy are what drives a relationship forward and maintains a level of lust and adoration. The pinnacle of love.
Reliving all of these recollected moments allow me to feel completely content and settled by the thought of forever. A forever with you could last an eternity, or a single moment, but knowing I have been able to share with you the deepest yet most daft sides of me, leaves me with an everlasting sense of calm. No regrets, no wishful thinking could ever compare to the memories I have made with you this past year, and above all, the most cherishing times have been what seem so insignificant at the time. Take care of the present, it will bring you the most joy you will ever receive, and I have learned that from you.
- - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

To reflect upon a period of time can feel so enchanting, and brings a sense of warmth to the moment. However, unlike those trapped in the desire and almost desperation to relive the past, I am utterly infatuated by the prospect of the future, and whilst the past year has been none other than the best year of my life, I have faith in the next 365 days to be just as liberating and to bring an even brighter light to my existence. To finally close to the past year behind me, here are some images that represent my time with you...

Our ugliest and first ever picture together, we are both in full agreement that this photo is awful, but despite this, I've still managed to embarrassed us both lol. (Douglas, you still look gr8 man)!

Our first camping getaway together: We almost froze to death and without these awful beanies I think we probably would have...

A pretty standard George & Angel pose, reppin the nation with Ethan Klein deep in our hearts. BIG LOVE TO H3H3 <3

First holiday abroad together, also with Josh & Sam and was a a festival too lol so far from romantic but very suited to us...


Look at dat faaaaaace!

- - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sending peace and a whole lotta LOVE to all of you wonderful readers...
...And a Happy 1 Year to us George x


- - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

'I've never known a joy more elegant or effortless than the one I have found with you. Our energy is infectious, the chemistry is wild, and your crazy and my crazy are perfectly aligned. I am positively convinced we were written in the stars, and if not, I will carve our names into the sky myself.' Beau Taplin / In The Stars




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

Angel brownies

Morning guys,  So yesterday I decided it would be fun to make some brownies but also adding a Christmas twist! So I whipped out my rose gold Angel cutter that I purchased from Sainsbury's - it's currently in the sale for something crazy like £1 and 'tried' to make some yummy festive treats. ALSO; this is my first baking themed blog post, therefore you have to let me off for poor aesthetics on the presentation front!!  YOU WILL NEED: 100G COCOA 250G BUTTER 500G CASTER SUGAR 4 BEATEN EGGS 100G SELF-RAISING FLOUR OPTIONAL: ICING SUGAR TO DUST So firstly, preheat the oven to 180-160 degrees Celsius and then you need to measure out the cocoa, butter and sugar, and pop them in a large saucepan. Keep the heat on the hob low, it just needs to gently melt the ingredients together. Keep mixing too, or it'll stick to the bottom of the pan which is no good! Then, once mixed together, beat your eggs, and slowly add to the mixture. Only add a little at a time, mix, then add a bit

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS