Skip to main content

| Going Back To Basics | 10/10/17 |



Gooood morning, and welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to share with you another post from my first fashion photo shoot. This outfit, I feel, is perfect for this transitional period, and is also verging on the smart side of fashion (for me anyway, lol). I really enjoyed piecing together this outfit, and trying to experiment with my personal style. As you all undoubtedly know, I often opt for the comfier garments and that aspect of my style definitely is portrayed through most of my blog posts. But equally, trying something new is exhilarating, particularly with Autumn homing into view so I want to diversify my wardrobe. I am loving the tailored look, and am growing fonder of fitted tops that enhance my body a lot more than a baggy tshirt or oversized jacket would. 


- OUTFIT -
Polo Top: Topshop
Tailored Trousers: ASOS
Boots: Office




When playing around with your wardrobe pieces and personal style, I think it is incredibly important to keep things basic. Trying too much at once is ultimately going to be far too overwhelming to become a permanent aspect of your style, so dipping your toes in is more logical than splashing out on a shirt that look like the rainbow threw up on it, or accessorising with a huge burnt orange faux fur scarf that swallows you up. Feeling comfortable and confident is key, hence why I have chosen to keep the colour theme extremely simple. All black is definitely a safe option, so I am able to feel positively trendy in some awkward length tailored trousers and heels. I also decided to add my most desirable possession to this look for extra confidence - these sunnies! Always.


Furthermore, knowing your body shape and what flatters you definitely aids in your decision making when trying something new. If you feel that you want to enhance your waistline, go for something very skimming over the tummy, and well fitted to your waist and hips. Knowing your body and what looks great will help you feel fabulous in whatever fashion choices you make. If you aren't a fan of your legs and feel as though they're a feature that makes you feel a bit self conscious, then maybe don't opt for a skirt that will reveal the things you're worried about. Find some funky trousers that pull you in at the waist and bellow out to a kick-flare or a cigarette style trouser in a burgundy or striped print. On the other hand though, don't limit yourself to safety if you don't want to, if you love that dress with a dangerously low v neckline then GO FOR IT!



Lastly, I just wanted to take some time to give you the run-down on the actual outfit in this post. Firstly, this polo top. I purchased this last year, but didn't get a lot of wear out of it, even during the winter months. I was pretty clueless on how to style this style of top (even though its so simple). I also didn't feel particularly great about wearing something so incredibly tight, but this season I think I am going to use polo neck tops to layer garments and to play around with the different fits that garments can have. Polo necks have a lot to offer and I am going to make the most of it!!!

Secondly, these ASOS tailored 3/4 length trousers. I purchased these in Spring as a bit of a 'try out' but in actual fact, I have been loving wearing these a lot. They're very flattering, but without being clingy or tight, which is perfect. I also love the ever so slight kick flare at the bottom of these trousers, and the way they skim over the calf. A big winner here...

So, the final aspect of this look I wanted to talk about are these ankle boots from Office. They're a patent black with a buckle detailing over the foot. They're relatively comfortable, however I would note that they aren't very soft inside, so wearing them for a longer period of time could become a slight challenge. I love how they look nonetheless, and they're definitely effortlessly cool in my opinion.


I hope you enjoyed this post, and are looking forward to seeing some more AW17 attire. There's plenty more to come. Also, if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see styled, let me know and I will see what I can do. Lastly, if you are interested, all of these photos were taken from my fashion shoot with Now Photography so be sure to check out their site if you are interested in having your own photo shoot, or if you have a more general interest in photography. Their work is really great, and I like to think you will enjoy scouring their website as much as I have been.

Peace out x


'And that's the most difficult part, she said. The traits you find most beautiful about the people you love become the things that are most painful to see after they've gone. Even something as sweet as a smile can do an awful lot of damage when it comes from the person you yearn for.' Beau Taplin / Sweet As A Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

1940's Tea Party - London Fashion Week

It's London Fashion Week  this week, as some of you may already know, so it's a pretty exciting time for those of us who are fashion fanatics! If you follow me on Instagram: @angelhowarth  then you may be aware that in celebration of London Fashion Week  I am going to be blogging every day. Every day this week I will be choosing a time period and dressing accordingly. Fashion has been around for so many years, and to reflect upon how fashion has changed or in fact stayed the same, I thought fashion week was the perfect opportunity to show case this. ENJOY!  So today's look is 1940's inspired. The tea dress I am wearing was purchased from a vintage fair in Leeds: The Kilo Sale . I actually purchased this only a few days ago, but fell in love with it. Thankfully, it actually fits me which was lucky since I never actually tried it on - in fact it fits me like a glove which is a real bonus. There is some slight wear and tear on parts of the dress, however since this seems t