Skip to main content

| Staples | 29/08/17 |

WELCOME. PLS ENJOY.


- OUTFIT -
JACKET: ASOS 


Simplicity. Peace of mind. The beauty of plainness. There is something so majestic and pure about simplicity, and everything it entails in terms of fashion. A plain military style jacket, not teamed up with a pair of mom jeans or a dirty trainer, no badges pinned to it, or a colourful band tee beneath. No distractions from the core beauty of the jacket. That green colour that encompasses a certain warmth about it, a splash of nature, an abundance of brown undertones that feel comforting against the skin. Currently, I have been embracing all things minimalist, in the hope that by uncomplicating life from all angles, that it can present to me a clearer perspective of the world that I can embrace and fully immerse myself in.


The concept of 'wardrobe essentials' and 'fashion basics' are often thrown around the blogging world, Instagram and YouTube, as the key items in your wardrobe are what makes your wardrobe yours. A difference in your staple pieces to your friends is what initiates your personal style as being different to somebody else's. Wardrobe staples are your style, and so they have the ability to create a personality and vibe through garments, which separates you from others' styles and can also bring you closer to others with similar styles and fashion personalities. One of my most basic pieces that I frequently wear, is in fact this khaki green ASOS jacket - I love it so much, and would agree that it portrays my fashion personality: natural colour palette, simple, oversized, bohemian/grunge almost...


Wardrobe staples can be used to create effortless looks and a number of those too. With a staple item, it requires versatility so that it can compliment other items in your wardrobe. This jacket for instance, the colours are very suited to the colours I have a lot of in my wardrobe. A lot of black, grey, marl, browns and beige in existing garments means that the colour of this jacket fits in nicely. Also, I like to incorporate oversized pieces into my wardrobe because I have a simple style and like to be comfortable. Therefore, this jacket comes in useful because it is slightly oversized, and can be layered with on colder days to maximise my comfort. It also has the much appreciated large pockets on the front, which I fully take advantage of. SO USEFUL.

So there, have a little think about how your wardrobe essentials create your own personal style, and how when investing in a piece, you can pop it against your staples, and figure out in a simple way if it will fit into your existing wardrobe!


See ya next time!
Peace out x


'There's no therapy or medicine like sitting alone in a secluded space with someone you feel at home and comfortable with. A little music for atmosphere and some quality conversation and all of your wounds and sorrows heal themselves.' Beau Taplin / The Best Therapy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

Angel brownies

Morning guys,  So yesterday I decided it would be fun to make some brownies but also adding a Christmas twist! So I whipped out my rose gold Angel cutter that I purchased from Sainsbury's - it's currently in the sale for something crazy like £1 and 'tried' to make some yummy festive treats. ALSO; this is my first baking themed blog post, therefore you have to let me off for poor aesthetics on the presentation front!!  YOU WILL NEED: 100G COCOA 250G BUTTER 500G CASTER SUGAR 4 BEATEN EGGS 100G SELF-RAISING FLOUR OPTIONAL: ICING SUGAR TO DUST So firstly, preheat the oven to 180-160 degrees Celsius and then you need to measure out the cocoa, butter and sugar, and pop them in a large saucepan. Keep the heat on the hob low, it just needs to gently melt the ingredients together. Keep mixing too, or it'll stick to the bottom of the pan which is no good! Then, once mixed together, beat your eggs, and slowly add to the mixture. Only add a little at a time, mix, then add a bit