Skip to main content

| The Practicality of A Perfect Summer | 19/05/17 |


EVENING DUDES!

Whilst spending some time back at my family home, I am sat here listening to 'Stay Gold' by First Aid Kit; drinking a mug of tea from the assortment of teabags I brought back with me; and am reflecting upon the memories attached to the box that is my old bedroom. It's funny how what felt so familiar and such like home, now feels particularly distant from that. It seems as I have grown into more of a woman, the teenage moments have dissipated into nothingness and my old bedroom no longer feels a place of comfort and belonging, but more so a place I can unload my suitcase every once in a while. It is fundamental madness that within 7 months, your life can change so entirely to the extent that the concept of 'home' is so far removed from a physical place, but rather a place within yourself - a sense of relaxation and the feeling of content. ANYWAY, hey, hope you're doing great, and I hope you enjoy this lil post I have in store for you all. Let's begin...




 - OUTFIT - 
Bag: ASOS
Earrings: ASOS
Sunglasses: Jeepers Peepers
Espadrilles: ASOS


I wanted to share this outfit with you, because of the result of my style rut about a month ago. For a while I was completely stuck for ideas as to what to wear, how to introduce this season's trends into my wardrobe, and lastly how to style up garments from previous season's. I have recently found myself reaching towards garments of a relatively bohemian vibe, and so I have been varying my selection of 'go-to' brands, which leads me to this beautiful tea dress.

I purchased this dress at the very beginning of Spring, alongside a few basics and a couple of floral and floaty dresses. I had heard of the brand Nobody's Child, however was yet to venture into making any purchases from them. But boy was I missing out!!! This dress is honestly gorgeous, it fits so snugly to my body but in a completely flattering way, it pulls in at the waist very elegantly, and is more rounded in areas needing a bit of shape (hips and shoulders primarily). This dress is beautifully made, fits completely true to size and is the perfect combination of pretty and practical - so versatile. I LOVE IT. I cannot sing the praises of Nobody's Child enough, so check them out if you love bohemian style clothing, please!


As I am now mostly freed from University for the next few months, I am hoping that I will be able to create a lot more content for you, which is particularly exciting because I adore the summer months in terms of fashion. I honestly feel I am able to be the most expressive with my style in summer, whereas in winter I am just layered up in jeans and jumpers in hibernation mode! So I hope you have enjoyed reading this post tonight, and that you will keep your eyes peeled for the next to come. FASHION FRIDAY IS OFFICIALLY BACK GUYS! 

Just before I go, in case you aren't aware, I have opened up my very own Etsy shop, where I am selling hand-drawn illustrations and an array of vintage clothing finds. Myself and George have been working hard to set it up for you all, and I hope if you have the time, I'd love for you to check it out! Our shop name is: punkyartparty and I will drop the link here

PEACE AND LOVE X X X


' Listen to me, your body is not a temple. Temples can be destroyed and desecrated. Your body is a forest. Thick canopies of maple trees and sweet scented wildflowers sprouting in the underwood. You will grow back, over and over, no matter how badly you are devastated. ' Beau Taplin / T e m p l e s.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...