Skip to main content

ASOS Sale Haul


So we seem to have made it through the first week of 2017, what a relief. However, myself along with many of you I'm sure have not come out unscathed. Yes that's right. I'm talking about the S word. SALE. It's undoubtedly everywhere at the moment, and as a fond shopper of ASOS, any excuse to remove some items from my wishlist and I am already there.

Welcome to my ASOS Sale Haul...


I thought I'd start off this year with something a bit different, as I think you will find it interesting. So obviously ASOS are making full use of the January sales, with an up to 70% off deal on selected items on their site. I wanted to grab a few bits that I thought were a bit of a bargain, but instead of just un-boxing them on my own, putting them on and styling them up, I figured I'd share the experience with you guys, and see what I've to say based on first impressions.




























I purchased five items from the site, all of which were reduced in some way and I will leave details as to original and discounted prices. 







- ITEMS -

Fashion Union jumper with high neck and wide sleeves: £25.00 (not in the sale but used 10% off UNIDAYS code).
Fashion Union high neck top with pleated detailing: £10.00 was £18.00 
ASOS sterling silver square sovereign ring: £12.00 (not in sale but used 10% off UNIDAYS code).
WAVEN freya skinny jeans: £14.00 was £48.00
ASOS washed casual tapered peg trousers: £19.50 was £28.00


The first item I purchased is a sovereign ring. If you know me at all, you will be aware of my obsession with rings. Ever since I was a little girl I always spent my pocket money on little rings from New Look and Topshop - you know, the ones that you can only wear for a week before your gingers turn into mini Shrek's. But even now, I am a fond wearer of rings and always always always have at least three on. Well, I've been on the hunt for a sovereign style pinky ring, which I am yet to discover. However, I saw this one online and convinced myself I needed it - it didn't take much persuasion put it that way. I bought this in a size medium, as I usually opt for the smallest size but wanted this to be a ring for my bigger fingers. And I love it. It's sterling silver so £12.00 was not a bad price at all, and I am certain this is going to become an every day piece of jewellery so I am very impressed. I would definitely recommend ASOS for inexpensive sterling silver rings, as they do stock a wide variety and I nearly always find one that I like the look of. A big winner here.



Next up, this jumper and pair of jeans. Now this jumper is particularly important because it is from Fashion Union, and I have never purchased anything by this brand before. I also have been toying with a wide sleeved jumper for a while and thought this was a great opportunity and I must say, it feels incredibly soft and I think it looks quite flattering, considering the slouchy fit and wide sleeves that obviously do not have a fitted style. I am yet to wear this and style this, however based on first impressions, I like this a lot.

Now, these jeans are from WAVEN, another brand I have never branched out to. This purchase was the one that I felt most sceptical about, as not in the sale these a relatively high end denim. I also am not a fan of blue skinny jeans, but I do like these. Again, I am yet to style them in a way fits my style, but on first impressions I am impressed. They are a very snug fit, and they do take a bit of wriggling to get them on, but once they are on they feel great, they're soft and comfortable, but I am obviously yet to see how they feel after a days wearing. I will keep you all updated.


These trousers, which are actually a washed black colour even though in the first picture on this post they came out grey - think it may have been the lighting. I wore these for the first time yesterday, and styled them with just a basic black tee but I am in love. They are incredibly baggy so if you don't like that look then you will definitely hate these. However, I think they're really cool and comfortable, and almost act as a slightly smarter jogger style pant. They're really lovely and I am so glad I ordered them.


Last of all, this high neck top also from Fashion Union. I really really like this. The fit is very snug but is completely flattering and looks particularly smart so can smarten up an outfit for instance with jeans and some converse which is what I have styled it with today. The neck is quite tight fitting, but still has that loose look that creates the ultimate comfort. I cannot describe to you enough how lovely this top is, and despite the fact its quite sheer which some of you may not like, I think it makes it look even more interesting. A HUGE hit from me. If it is still available in your size, I would highly recommend you grabbing it.

So that's it from me today, but I will see you all very soon for another traditional style blog post from me. Do let me know what you've thought of this different kind of review blog post, and whether it has helped you in any way. See you soon!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...