Skip to main content

A Birthday And Christmas In London I'll Never Forget

Evening all.

So firstly I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you, I just opted for a couple of weeks off from the blog since it has been my birthday and I have also had a few important deadlines at University. But, you'll be (hopefully) pleased to know that I am back to share with you a new post, followed by many over the Christmas period. How exciting.




 So last weekend was ever so exciting, as I spent a night away with George wandering the streets of London, and visiting a few places that we both wished to take a peek at. Our first stop after the long train journey in which we spent watching 'Phoneshop' and the 'Gavin and Stacey' Christmas special, was the Aquarium. And yes, that was after a cheeky 'McDonalds' pit-stop.





Aside from the fact I had to drink my coffee faster than I imagined possible because of the 'no drinks allowed' policy, and the fact that for a large proportion of the time you could only see about three fish because of the crowds of families with buggies and small children let loose surrounding each tank, the Aquarium was incredible. I thoroughly enjoyed spotting all the tiny, cute fish and George was equally fascinated by the sharks and other 'big fellas', so it was a really great way to start the day of activities that we had planned.




- OUTFIT -
Jacket: Missguided
Scarf: Asos
Bag: New Look
Jumper: Asos
Sunglasses: Hindsight Vintage 



An image from the Aquarium that doesn't really include many fish in sight but eh, I was enjoying the experience from my eyes rather than behind my phone screen.



NEXT STOP. The hotel. Ok so it didn't quite work out that way because when we made our way down the narrow street that our hotel was located on, the room wasn't quite ready, so we used our initiative and hit the National Art Gallery. I would love to say I could fully appreciate the incredible pieces of art work carefully selected and displayed for us to see, but realistically I am no artist so the deep meanings behind the oil painted Jesus Christ was difficult for me to find, to say the least. Still, it was pretty incredible and I most definitely wish I was as talented as they are.






We were kindly looked after by the lovely lady at the Piccadilly Circus Studio's and were given a really beautiful room with twinkling lights above the bed and the biggest bath I have ever seen, which was definitely made the most of. No bubbles were harmed in the making of the deepest bubble bath known to man.




By far the most highly anticipated activity whilst we were visiting London was our visit to the Kew Gardens for Christmas At Kew. I can confidently say this was the most magical experience of my life, and I have never felt so festive. Ever. The trees coated in beautiful lights; the gorgeous garden grounds; the overpriced hot chocolate which had to be consumed and the general Christmas vibe was absolutely insane and if I could recommend anything in the world, then this is it. MAGICAL.










 SO BEAUTIFUL AND UNBELIEVABLY FESTIVE.



The image above was the final part of the trail around the gardens and my iPhone really doesn't do justice to just how spectacular this sight was. Essentially, the huge house across the lake was lit up with a number of different coloured lights and patterns, and Christmas carols were played whilst myself, George and everybody else was in absolute awe at how beautifully made the entire experience was. I would say that there is something for everyone, including Santa, a stunning walk around the grounds, mulled wine, Christmas carols, toasting your own giant marshmallows, and so on. 

I am aware that this blog post is incredibly image heavy, and I do hope you aren't too overwhelmed but I really struggled to choose which images were interesting for you to see and as you can probably tell, I didn't cut it down all that well. But I hope you have enjoyed hearing about my little adventure with George over the weekend, and that you now feel very festive and want to cover yourself in Christmas lights and play every Christmas song in existence.

I will see you all very soon for another blog post, as I am so excited to create some fashion posts over the Christmas period where I will hopefully have a lot less University work to be completed and so I can enjoy a little relax and a very small break before it all begins again in January. On that note, I would just like to mention that I had a really wonderful time away and that the memories I made will not be forgotten in a hurry. To add, especially at Christmas time where presents are being given and received left right and centre, that you should really try your utmost to appreciate the lovely memories at this time of year, and not just the material gifts. Experiences are often a lot more treasured than the chocolate and new perfume, because its the memories you are going to hold onto, and how you manage your time that will make Christmas so special. 

Peace out. Merry Christmas.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...