Skip to main content

Nature Appreciation Post



 HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE.



- OUTFIT -
Sunglasses: Asos, Reclaimed Vintage
Choker: Asos
Blouse: Asos
Black Vest Top: H&M
Jeans: Topshop Joni Jeans
Heels: New Look



 

So here I am again, and here you are again, taking up some precious time of this short life we have, to read my thoughts on the word. And on the agenda today: nature. I gotta' whole lot of love for nature, for the earth, for this crazy world we are lucky enough to live in. I honestly don't think we appreciate the wonders of the world enough - and I'm not talking the Great Wall of China or the Taj Mahal, as much as they are incredible. Every day, we wake up to the sound of the daily grind; to the jobs the we would rather miss to stay in the comfort of our warm beds and to the eternal passing of time. Sometimes I think we ought to take a minute out of our busy schedules to just sit outdoors and be at one with nature, because I do believe we take it for granted - the simple beauty of the universe. But seriously, without flowing rivers, the classic 'trees in the park', the food grabbing pigeons and the love/hate relationship with our eight legged friends, we wouldn't even be here. Imagine.



So... back to fashion, the pinnacle of this blog. These images were actually taken in the midst of summer, and what seems like a life time ago, but unfortunately I am still yet to take any new blog photos. I know, I know, I'm truly sorry! But rest assured, they are coming.

This outfit combination may be relatively inconvenient now unless you're not in the cold UK and for that you are welcome and I am extremely jealous. But nonetheless, it is one that I am ever so fond of. In particular, these shoes are the ideal daytime heel, these jeans (as all Topshop jeans) are timeless, and this floaty blouse makes me feel like I'm a true hippie that could jam to the soul awakening sound of Bob Dylan ALL DAY LONG.


So firstly, these sandal style heels. I have had these about 3 years now and I purchased them in the sale section of New Look for £9 which is an absolute bargain. Quick disclaimer: I would totally recommend New Look on the heels front, because I am always content with a cheeky New Look purchase and their prices are always so affordable. CALLING ALL STUDENTS, CHECK 'EM OUT. So these obviously can't be directly purchased anymore, but they do still stock very similar versions in a variation of colours. The heel is of the ideal height for day time wear, styled great with a pair of jeans or day dress. Equally, they're fab for a night out because your feet won't die after an hour of dancing - brill.

The jeans. Topshop. Need I say more? Every gal (probably) will agree with the fact that Topshop absolutely smash it in the jeans department, and despite the fact the cheapest pair are about £36 (which I think this pair was) they're worth it every single time. The fit is perfect as they hug all the right places and high waisted jeans generally hold every sin in tightly, so I always feel comfortable that my dinner isn't going to burst out and ruin 'the look' of my outfit. lol.

Lastly, this boho style blouse from Asos. I love it. Its great. It is a really lightweight number, so as a beach cover up it's handy and is also good for layering on chillier days. Although the neck line is quite low cut, you can defo rock a bit of cleavage in this blouse, but personally I feel a lot more comfortable with a vest top underneath, for a bit more of a conservative look. So yeah, this is as versatile as a blouse can get, and it is definitely going to stay safely in my wardrobe for as long as possible. The only thing I would say is that you must remember to care for this blouse in terms of washing, as it needs to be ironed whilst damp, or it kinda loses its shape. I learned this the hard way lol, but I still love it regardless.



Just before I head off and let you get on with your evening, I have one final little mention that I want to tell you all whilst I sip on my now luke-warm cuppa. With the environment on my mind, I just wanted to leave you all with a small bit of reading to do if you've not read enough already. Why do I feel like I am setting you homework?! I would be most pleased if you could check out this really interesting online magazine 'The Ecologist' that talks about environmental issues and what is currently going on in the world - kinda like the news but eco! I shall leave a link to their website and one of their articles here and I hope you take the time to have a little read.

P.S Happy Halloween.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

Angel brownies

Morning guys,  So yesterday I decided it would be fun to make some brownies but also adding a Christmas twist! So I whipped out my rose gold Angel cutter that I purchased from Sainsbury's - it's currently in the sale for something crazy like £1 and 'tried' to make some yummy festive treats. ALSO; this is my first baking themed blog post, therefore you have to let me off for poor aesthetics on the presentation front!!  YOU WILL NEED: 100G COCOA 250G BUTTER 500G CASTER SUGAR 4 BEATEN EGGS 100G SELF-RAISING FLOUR OPTIONAL: ICING SUGAR TO DUST So firstly, preheat the oven to 180-160 degrees Celsius and then you need to measure out the cocoa, butter and sugar, and pop them in a large saucepan. Keep the heat on the hob low, it just needs to gently melt the ingredients together. Keep mixing too, or it'll stick to the bottom of the pan which is no good! Then, once mixed together, beat your eggs, and slowly add to the mixture. Only add a little at a time, mix, then add a bit