Skip to main content

Fest(ival)yle

 

 

Good evening to all my little ray's of GLORIOUS sunshine. As always, it's taken me about 5 billion years to get myself motivated enough to get out of my pyjamas and shoot some snaps, then to sit and write a post - but here I am on this gorgeous sunny evening, with a cup of tea to hand, ready to share some thoughts. 

 

As Vfest has just passed, and the festival season is slowly coming to a close, I thought it was only right that I shared a post about festivals/ festival wear. As a little introvert who never ventures out into the world of festivals (I.e too poor to afford tickets) I've discovered my wardrobe is definitely limited in terms of crazy raving attire, but I've tried to rustle something up that I hope is appropriate. 

Sunglasses: Asos
Choker Necklace: Asos
Bikini Top: Asos
Denim Shorts: Monki
Coin belt: EBay
Fringed Boots: Asos

 
 
 
 

I wouldn't say I'm the most extravagant person, so I think this look is quite a subtle festival outfit, that I think looks a little crazy but I'd still feel comfortable wearing it amongst the crowds of sweaty, drunk festivees. Also, I think it's relatively practical, as despite being decorative, it's definitely still wearable for more than 2 minutes! Yas. 

 
 
  

The bikini is easily adjustable, which means it can fit a multitude of body shapes because both the halter neck and the back can be tied accordingly. Similarly, the coin belt can be tied around your waist or hips and can be adjusted to fit - which is great and super handy. The shorts are pretty basic, but with the coin belt around them, it just adds a bit of jazz and a jingle to an every day pair of shorts. As the belt was only about £15, it means you also don't need to spend a silly amount of money on an outfit for a festival that will probably be ruined by the time you trek it back home! 

 
  

Lastly, my mirrored cat-eye sunglasses from Asos are a brilliant addition to my sunglasses collection because 1. They're mirrored which is definitely a little more adventurous than a standard pair of shades. 2. The frame of the sunglasses is also not standard, so these just look fricken awesome, quite frankly. 

Hope you enjoyed. Leave comments/ feedback. Leaving love to you all. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

1940's Tea Party - London Fashion Week

It's London Fashion Week  this week, as some of you may already know, so it's a pretty exciting time for those of us who are fashion fanatics! If you follow me on Instagram: @angelhowarth  then you may be aware that in celebration of London Fashion Week  I am going to be blogging every day. Every day this week I will be choosing a time period and dressing accordingly. Fashion has been around for so many years, and to reflect upon how fashion has changed or in fact stayed the same, I thought fashion week was the perfect opportunity to show case this. ENJOY!  So today's look is 1940's inspired. The tea dress I am wearing was purchased from a vintage fair in Leeds: The Kilo Sale . I actually purchased this only a few days ago, but fell in love with it. Thankfully, it actually fits me which was lucky since I never actually tried it on - in fact it fits me like a glove which is a real bonus. There is some slight wear and tear on parts of the dress, however since this seems t