Skip to main content

Fest(ival)yle

 

 

Good evening to all my little ray's of GLORIOUS sunshine. As always, it's taken me about 5 billion years to get myself motivated enough to get out of my pyjamas and shoot some snaps, then to sit and write a post - but here I am on this gorgeous sunny evening, with a cup of tea to hand, ready to share some thoughts. 

 

As Vfest has just passed, and the festival season is slowly coming to a close, I thought it was only right that I shared a post about festivals/ festival wear. As a little introvert who never ventures out into the world of festivals (I.e too poor to afford tickets) I've discovered my wardrobe is definitely limited in terms of crazy raving attire, but I've tried to rustle something up that I hope is appropriate. 

Sunglasses: Asos
Choker Necklace: Asos
Bikini Top: Asos
Denim Shorts: Monki
Coin belt: EBay
Fringed Boots: Asos

 
 
 
 

I wouldn't say I'm the most extravagant person, so I think this look is quite a subtle festival outfit, that I think looks a little crazy but I'd still feel comfortable wearing it amongst the crowds of sweaty, drunk festivees. Also, I think it's relatively practical, as despite being decorative, it's definitely still wearable for more than 2 minutes! Yas. 

 
 
  

The bikini is easily adjustable, which means it can fit a multitude of body shapes because both the halter neck and the back can be tied accordingly. Similarly, the coin belt can be tied around your waist or hips and can be adjusted to fit - which is great and super handy. The shorts are pretty basic, but with the coin belt around them, it just adds a bit of jazz and a jingle to an every day pair of shorts. As the belt was only about £15, it means you also don't need to spend a silly amount of money on an outfit for a festival that will probably be ruined by the time you trek it back home! 

 
  

Lastly, my mirrored cat-eye sunglasses from Asos are a brilliant addition to my sunglasses collection because 1. They're mirrored which is definitely a little more adventurous than a standard pair of shades. 2. The frame of the sunglasses is also not standard, so these just look fricken awesome, quite frankly. 

Hope you enjoyed. Leave comments/ feedback. Leaving love to you all. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| My First Festival Experience. Thoughts From The Heart | 01/08/17 |

Morning all and welcome to a new week. Today's post is surrounding the much anticipated review of my first festival experience. As you may know if you've kept up-to-date with the blog recently, I attended FIB in Benicassim, which is a music festival! Today I wanted to share with you how I felt about my first festival, and whether I would recommend FIB as a festival I feel you cannot miss out on. ... THE JOURNEY In order to catch our flight, we had to be at Luton airport before 4am, so it was an incredibly early start to the day, wearily on about an hours sleep - thank goodness for Pret  and their delicious coffee that was the perfect pick-me-up. We then got on our two hour flight, and had about half an hour afterwards to stretch our legs before clambering onto the coach which had almost too good air conditioning because snoozing became impossible due to freezing to death. 3 hours later and we arrived in Benicassim. We applied our sun cream on thick, were hoarded in l...