Skip to main content

Accommodation review: Lloyd Hotel And Cultural Embassy Amsterdam




EVENING MY LOVES!

So I returned from my fun-filled trip to Amsterdam in the early hours of Friday morning, and to be honest, I've had a hard time recovering from the colossal amount of food I ate, the probable litres of prosecco I drank, and I surely must have been close to a ga-zillion steps through the 6 days I was wondering around the most beautiful city I have ever visited. As a second timer, I found Amsterdam even better than the first time, so if you are considering going to Amsterdam and you've been before so are hesitant, GO FOR IT! Similarly, if you've never been and are intrigued or you have stalked my Instagram recently, the temptation needs to be given in to - everything is Instagrammable ok! 

So I have numerous blog posts lined up around the subject of my visit to Amsterdam, and firstly I want to share with you my accommodation experience. 

Lloyd hotel and cultural embassy is located close by to a gorgeous river, but is equally only a 15 minute tram ride away from the city centre. So, you are blessed with beautiful views but also the city buzz that Amsterdam is known for.

The hotel itself is particularly focused on design and style, and it definitely verges on retro/ alternate. The multicoloured chairs coincide perfectly with the plastic trees in the cafeteria as well as the fold out bath rooms (that's right, they fold out)! Essentially, if you're looking for luxury and sophistication then this may not be the hotel for you, however, if you're into excellent quality but with an edgy, personal, acquire atmosphere, GO TO LLOYD HOTEL! Firstly, for the attentive staff and heavenly bedding the price is superb. Also, it's just so cool and I often found myself not wanting to leave the room! The service is excellent, and the facilities are equally fantastic. Here are a few shots of the room that myself and Callum stayed in - to add, Lloyd hotel have different floors for different types of room, with the sixth floor being the most luxury rooms with winding staircases, bedroom swings and pianos! Myself and Callum stayed on the third floor, and so we received a huge room with some super cool features such as the fold out bath room and funky lamps and ROOM SERVICE ...






Evidently, it is not to everyone's taste, but it was mine and I thought it was just so cool and original, so I definitely recommend room 320!!!!

The hotel is huge, and they have all kinds of features throughout, for instance this bench!


Also, as a communal area, there is a large cafeteria/ restaurant downstairs, where the food is to die for, and the fruit juices are SO DELICIOUS! This was also great if we were hungry but weren't appropriately dressed to pop over to the supermarket Jumbo across the road (that's right, pyjamas were thrown on at any opportunity).


So, I hope you've enjoyed my little natter about Lloyd hotel and cultural embassy, and I 110% recommend you check it out for yourselves. It's truly beautiful and situated in an ideal place. 


See you soon,

Popular posts from this blog

| Going Back To Basics | 10/10/17 |

Gooood morning, and welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to share with you another post from my first fashion photo shoot. This outfit, I feel, is perfect for this transitional period, and is also verging on the smart side of fashion (for me anyway, lol). I really enjoyed piecing together this outfit, and trying to experiment with my personal style. As you all undoubtedly know, I often opt for the comfier garments and that aspect of my style definitely is portrayed through most of my blog posts. But equally, trying something new is exhilarating, particularly with Autumn homing into view so I want to diversify my wardrobe. I am loving the tailored look, and am growing fonder of fitted tops that enhance my body a lot more than a baggy tshirt or oversized jacket would. 

- OUTFIT - Sunglasses: Hindsight Vintage Sunglasses Polo Top: Topshop Tailored Trousers: ASOS Boots: Office Bag: Michael Kors



When playing around with your wardrobe pieces and personal style, I think it is incredibl…

| All Women Are Real Women | 07/11/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G


| OUTFIT - Hat: Asos | Earrings: Boho Queen Jewelry | Coat: New Look | Dress: Miss Selfridge | Ankle Boots: Asos |




Morning everyone, and welcome back to the blog. Today I wanted to share with you a very autumnal outfit, that I am dearly in love with. When it comes to planning outfits to shoot, it can honestly take me hours to complete a single look, but this outfit was a rarity in the sense I rustled it up in about twenty minutes, so I am thrilled with the outcome. As I mentioned in my last post, outfit planning and styling is definitely a love/hate situation for me, so finding an outfit that is fleeky with ease is a wonderful feeling.

So, lets begin with the coat. I am a huge lover of coats, and I am admittedly beginning to accumulate quite the collection of jackets and winter coats, however this is my newest addition to my wardrobe coat-wise, and I picked this up on the Asos website. This pea/military style coat is by New Look and was an incredible price of ab…

| Styling For Winter, Without Spending A Fortune | 21/11/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G
| OUTFIT | Sunglasses: Ralph Lauren | Tshirt: Asos | Scarf: Burberry (fake lol) | Jeans: Asos | Cardigan: Liz Claiborne | Boots: Office |


SUP GUYS! How are we all doing this morning? 
I am currently sat on my bed in the late afternoon, with a hot cup of tea to hand (hopefully I won't forget about it), and I am really digging deep in my thoughts in terms of what I want to talk about today. A stressed student, on the cusp of several deadlines and all I can think about is this blog post. Blogging is a funny thing, sometimes it is my ultimate escape where I can just unwind and spill out onto the page whatever springs to mind. But sometimes, blogging can feel overwhelming, like I am being forced to think about my reality in its most raw state, and sometimes life is not all fun and games, and I just don't really want to come to terms with my busy mind. 
Before I babble on about life and bore you all, lets jump straight in to the outfit I have styled for you t…