Skip to main content

Bomber jackets brought back - The 80's - Fashion Week



Evening my lovely lovely friends!

To give you the low-down, I was having an absolute crisis in attempting to find something I owned that was remotely 70's. So I ditched the 70's with no regrets and got myself wrapped up in the 80's! Enjoy x

So, this outfit kind of brings in different aspects of the 80's. Lycra dancewear and leg warmers were unbelievably cool during the 80's, which was my inspiration for the Tshirt crop top in polka dot. This is from New Look and I must admit I do not actually own this, it belongs to my sister. Personally, I find cropped tops so uncomfortable and unsettling - and if I do decide to show off a little tummy, I 100% go for a baggy top - not sure why I just feel much more confident wearing that, and comfort is the most important thing! BUT in the 80's, the tighter and brighter the better! I paired this top with some jeans which are also from New Look. I purchased these rather recently and they are part of their A/W15 range. They are incredibly comfortable and also particularly stretchy so they are very figure hugging - totally appropriate for the 80's. I also decided to wear converse. Converse are the ultimate 80's shoe, alongside a large range of other trainer/ pump shoes and of course STILETTOS! These are also leather, which was popular at the time! Lastly, I picked up this khaki bomber jacket from The Kilo Sale whilst in Leeds last weekend. Again, it's vintage so is perfect for an 80's recreation and despite the fact it is huge and puffy making me feeling like the Michelin man, it is incredibly warm and I will definitely be popping this on when it's freezing outside because... Well because I can. In terms of bomber jackets, they are sold in most high street stores, but if you can grab hold of an old one, even better! Asos particularly have a fantastic range of bomber jackets I have noticed! 

Anyway, I'll love ya and leave ya! X



SHOP THE LOOK: 
Asos 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Keeping Thing's Simple | 26/05/17 |

HEY DUDES... I have been loving this change of weather this week; the continuous downpour of rain was just beginning to dampen my mood (pun very much intended), but now that the sun is shining, I feel very much refreshed and ready to provide summer content for you funky lot.  Before I get cracking, how do we all feel about money? Personally, I find money, and the absence of , utterly stressful. Since leaving home, I've felt overwhelmed at times with the responsibility of handling money; ensuring I have enough money to pay bills on time and so that I never run out. As a student, obviously this can be overbearingly painful at times as student loans aren't the most generous. However, I would honestly love to know if this is it now, for the rest of time, am I going to spend my entire existence feeling concerned about what's in my bank?!?!?!?! WILL THE PAIN EVER END?! Anyway, before I give myself premature grey hair and wrinkles, let's get on with things...

Awkward trousers and cats?!

Happy Fashion Friday!  I actually feel like I've not posted in so long... It's only been a week though. Hmm.  So today I thought I would share with you something I've had for a while but it seems is coming back into fashion; flares! I bought these trousers from Asos just under a year ago, and I've not worn them too often, partly because they're such an awkward length that I'm never certain what to wear them with, but also because they're quite adventurous I feel. Since flares are coming back into fashion, these lovelies need to make an appearance!!  I'm going to say these trousers are essentially boot cut length, however I feel they are more like ankle swingers haha! They are undescribably comfortable, and the D ring belt pulls them in at the waistline so they're not sluggish - but stylish! Furthermore, I think in order for you to pull off flares, you need to tone everything down and make your trousers the ultimate statement and prominent aspect of y