Skip to main content

(Wo)men in black



JACKET: NEW LOOK
VEST: H&M
TROUSERS: NEW LOOK
HAT: ASOS
SHOES: TOPSHOP
SUNGLASSES: TOPSHOP

Hey, guess what day it is?? FASHION FRIDAY!! 

So apart from looking like one of the men in black, I was actually aiming for a cool/ business/ office look... 

As many of you will have recently received your gcse and alevel results, you may be going on to sixth form, a 9-5 office job, college, university etc etc etc. Therefore, you're probably wondering what you're going to have to wear. I myself go to sixth form and find that sometimes you can't be bothered to put effort into your appearance - so here's a suggestion that's smart but simple :) enjoy :)

This blazer is from New Look and is ideal for making an outfit look instantly smart. The blazer I'm wearing is actually size 10 so it's slightly on the large side, although I don't mind that because it makes it more slouchy and comfortable, rather than feeling like you're attending a job interview. 

I paired this with my cropped skinny trousers, also from New Look and I believe these costed me £12/£13 - bargain. I actually wear these to work usually as they're perfect waitress attire, but also look fabulous with a blazer or leather jacket. These fit really really well, and make you look about 10X more toned in most ways haha, additional bonus there! I would definitely say New Look are brilliant for office wear at a great price and I have bought two pairs of these trousers now! 

The vest I am wearing is from H&M and I have worn this SO much this summer. It's super comfy and it fits me well, especially as the ties at the back can be adjusted tighter or looser to alter the straps. This is particularly helpful for me because I have teeny tiny shoulders - if you also do, check out H&M's vest selection!!! It's a kind of disco vest, very stretchy and shiny, and the slight v neck adds a little more style to the piece. I think the all in black spin on this outfit makes it so cool and chick which I adore! 

Next, SHOES. I bought these little gems in the sale from Topshop a few months ago. I think they were 50% off at the time - not sure - but I paid £22 for them. I actually haven't worn them yet as I haven't seeked the opportunity, however I may pop this outfit on from time to time because I love how great these shoes look. They're a very pale pink, with black and gold edging, so they're relatively subtle which makes them prettier. Also, the heel is not too high, and I feel this is important if you're going to be wearing them all day because heels have a tendency to hurt after about 5 minutes haha! I would definitely recommend picking these up if Topshop bring them back at any point! 

The Asos hat and Topshop sunglasses have featured in my blog previously, but I just added these because I thought they looked great. The hat adds a bit of style and sophistication to the outfit and is very fitting with the hairstyle I chose - which you might also choose if you're in an office for example. Also, the sunglasses look so so good with this outfit - I think these sunglasses are hard to fit into an outfit but all black definitely accentuates the beauty of these shades. 

Hope to see you soon, keep reading and commenting on my posts, the enthusiasm of you all makes my day! Angel x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| Let Yourself Grow | 14/07/17 |

Morning everyone.  As the summer months are passing us by, I challenge you to stop and think, for almost a mid-year reflection. What have you achieved this year? How many times have you stepped out of your comfort zone and pushed the boundaries? Is there anything you have managed to do this year that you never thought you could?  It is so important for us to occasionally pause from our busy schedules that never naturally give us a breather, and to take an alternative perspective on our every move in order to reflect on whether we are allowing ourselves to grow. To become a better version of ourselves, with more experience, deeper emotions, and fonder memories.  Today, I aspire to use this blog post to share my own reflection, and the way I am truly feeling in the midst of 2017. Having this platform to share my thoughts is becoming such a great ordeal for me, to be able to express myself in a way I wouldn't usually, and to have a sense of purpose to my life that...