Skip to main content

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G


Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with Now Photography so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed. 





- OUTFIT -
Dress: ASOS
Fishnets: ASOS
Boots: New Look




As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that this dress provides is enough to make anyone feel a million dollars. I promise. 




I like to create looks that hold a slight edge to them, multiple dimensions and both girlish and grunge aspects. Comfort over style is a must, but this dress provides both. I love the way this dress is incredibly flattering, and fits snugly to my body shape, without being a very tight fit that becomes restrictive after an hour or so of wear. This dress feels as elegant as it looks, which leads me on to say why I have styled this look in a particular way.

I am not the most girly of the bunch, so in order for me to feel comfortable in a dress such as this, a little twist is necessary. I carefully selected these New Look military style boots to this look, because of their masculine features and clunkiness, and I must admit I love how it looks. It adds something extra to the look, whilst maintaining a bold statement that is inescapable in a dress like this.

Secondly, I paired this outfit with a pair of on trend fishnet tights. I purchased these from ASOS last winter and they are surprisingly still going strong. Despite the fact they're completely holey, they have remained in tact and without unwanted holes . YAY. These are evidently grungy, and a lot less feminine than the floral dress, so they contrast well. I love this contrast between feminine and masculine, and the overall silhouette it accentuates. Floral prints and fishnet tights are also very on trend at the moment, which is an additional bonus and far from intentional. 



It's all in the detail. And this floral dress is no exception. The intricate floral design of this dress definitely gives the impression that this garment is a lot pricier than it really was. The use of colour allows the flowers to come to life, and the essence of blue detail and orange adds such a bold statement.

Furthermore, the back detailing of this number is beyond beautiful. It is the main reason I was drawn to this dress on the ASOS site, and it has continued to impress me through the handful of times I have worn this. As you can probably imagine, it can be difficult to find occasions where this dress is appropriate to wear, although I have discovered by styling this down, it is way more versatile than you'd expect and so is more than ok for day-to-day wear.

The cut out aspect of this dress is most flattering, and shows off a little bit of my back without being 'suggestive' or too revealing for the daytime. Also, I love the way this dress has a zip fastening from the hip to the bottom of the cut out. In terms of the high neck, this is fastened with buttons which are covered in the same fabric as the dress, which ties in incredibly nicely, and I think adds to the sense of this dress looking even more upmarket than it really is. Overall, this dress is stunning and I'm in love. ASOS really do have some gems in their own brand collection, so I would definitely recommend having a good search through their garments because you are almost guaranteed to find something right up your street.



Outfit aside, I feel as though it has been a while since I have given you guys an update on how things are going. I am hoping to provide you with a monthly update of all things personal and my perspective on whatever it is I have been thinking about. So, be sure to keep an eye out for these style posts, because I am really trying to adapt the way in which my blog posts are presented to you in terms of format. I love nothing more than sitting and writing about whatever is on my mind at the time, so I hope to continue this in my writing. 



I hope you guys have enjoyed this blog post, it's probably one of my favourite to date. See you next week for another post.

Peace out x


'I have an illogical tendency to only desire the things that are difficult. It does not matter how kind or committed a person might be, if they come easily, I'll quickly grow disinterested. But threaten my heart, safety or sanity, I'm all yours.' Beau Taplin / The Desire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| Let Yourself Grow | 14/07/17 |

Morning everyone.  As the summer months are passing us by, I challenge you to stop and think, for almost a mid-year reflection. What have you achieved this year? How many times have you stepped out of your comfort zone and pushed the boundaries? Is there anything you have managed to do this year that you never thought you could?  It is so important for us to occasionally pause from our busy schedules that never naturally give us a breather, and to take an alternative perspective on our every move in order to reflect on whether we are allowing ourselves to grow. To become a better version of ourselves, with more experience, deeper emotions, and fonder memories.  Today, I aspire to use this blog post to share my own reflection, and the way I am truly feeling in the midst of 2017. Having this platform to share my thoughts is becoming such a great ordeal for me, to be able to express myself in a way I wouldn't usually, and to have a sense of purpose to my life that...