Skip to main content

| Comfortable In Your Own Skin | 04/08/17 |

Morning all, I hope today brings you all things kind and positive. Following on from a few weeks ago, where I briefly spoke about ways in which I have allowed myself to be at my most natural, I thought it would only be right to provide a small update on how things have progressed since. In terms of makeup and mindset, how have the two months changed me as a person, or have they?


Ironically, in this post I have been 'glowed up' with a swipe of lip gloss, a pink lid, filled in eyebrows and a touch of highlight - although aside from the shoot for this post, I have refrained from wearing makeup completely recently. I must admit that at no point have I felt tempted to cover up my under-eye circles or blemishes. Initially, it was difficult to accept my makeup-less face in public especially, because I felt self conscious about what people would think in terms of having blemishes and spots. But having left my skin alone for long enough, the spots and blemishes have become smaller in my mind, and to my amazement, have physically disappeared too because I've not been smothering my skin in product. I do feel as though my skin is now much healthier and has a more natural glow that even my trusty BB cream can't quite compare with. A natural glow is so much more confidence boosting than a dewy coverage foundation. 


As I said in the previous post about self confidence, it really is all down to your mindset. Rather than focusing on the fact that your face is evidently bare and free from the makeup comfort blanket, try to use your creativity to make your fresh face all part of the look you're going for. Try throwing on something neutral, bohemian or a bunch of your wardrobe staples, to create a simple aesthetic to your look, that doesn't require a bold lip or heavy eye makeup. I don't know if that really makes sense to you guys, but that's kinda how I managed to boost my confidence when wearing a makeup-less face out in public, and now, I couldn't care less about what people think.

lol I'm so happy I can't keep my eyes open...

I do feel as though its much easier to feel better about your skin in the summer, because a slight tan and a bit of vitamin D does appear to make your skin flourish more so than in the bitterness of the winter. So, I feel as though the real challenge will be not wearing makeup when it draws closer to the winter because my skin does break out more during the colder months. But, I'm gonna try really hard to keep this fresh face thing up, because its making such a difference. I feel so happy in my skin recently, and its so refreshing!



If this post had the ability of inspiring you in any way, I hope its that you feel like you have the choice whether to wear makeup or not. Having the confidence to decide on your self image and the way in which you portray yourself to the world. Be a free spirit, if you feel most confident in a bright lip or severe contouring then go for it. If you are like me, and want to feel on top of the world at your most natural, then also just fucking go for it. You won't regret it. Be a free spirit and do what you need to do to feel the most beautiful version of you!


Peace out x


'I am working on learning how to be whole and free within myself, to acknowledge my brokenness, manifest my own happiness, and succeed and fail gracefully.' Beau Taplin / A Self Study

Popular posts from this blog

| Going Back To Basics | 10/10/17 |

Gooood morning, and welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to share with you another post from my first fashion photo shoot. This outfit, I feel, is perfect for this transitional period, and is also verging on the smart side of fashion (for me anyway, lol). I really enjoyed piecing together this outfit, and trying to experiment with my personal style. As you all undoubtedly know, I often opt for the comfier garments and that aspect of my style definitely is portrayed through most of my blog posts. But equally, trying something new is exhilarating, particularly with Autumn homing into view so I want to diversify my wardrobe. I am loving the tailored look, and am growing fonder of fitted tops that enhance my body a lot more than a baggy tshirt or oversized jacket would. 

- OUTFIT - Sunglasses: Hindsight Vintage Sunglasses Polo Top: Topshop Tailored Trousers: ASOS Boots: Office Bag: Michael Kors



When playing around with your wardrobe pieces and personal style, I think it is incredibl…

Winter Coat Styling & The Most Important Aspects Of Life.

Evening everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far and are keeping warm and cosy in this awfully miserable British weather. I also expect that you have seen the John Lewis Christmas Advert for this year, or else you're a slight scrooge and complete disappointment. Watch it here before you continue to read this blog post, if you haven't already indulged in the festivity because it is wildlife-filled and exceeds the word cute.

American politics aside, I am hopeful that you have all had a great week working hard, and are being rewarded with a relaxing weekend so far. There's nothing quite like a chilled out weekend after a busy week. Lush.



- OUTFIT - Coat: Asos Sunglasses: Monki Choker: Asos Tee: Asos Jeans: Missguided Boots: Asos



This week I thought I would go all guns blazing with a wintery blog post, as I have been desperately waiting to start wearing this gorgeous coat. Although, I'll be wearing from now until probably April before we see sunshine agai…

| Autumn Is On The Way | 12/09/17 |

I am in absolute shock at how quickly this year is passing us by, how is it already September? As we all know, September is that time of year where everyone goes back to school/college/uni and we begin the much anticipated warm up to hot chocolate, fluffy socks and CHRISTMAS. Fear not, don't run away, I'm not one of those crazy Christmas people who begins to prepare the following Christmas in January, its just something to think about...


Autumn is becoming apparent now, and leaves will soon be falling from the trees, boots and coats will be dusted off from last year, and we will all begin to say those forbidden words, 'I am so cold'. Alongside many, Autumn is one of my favourite times of year, particularly in terms of fashion. I am a huge fan of comfort over style (ironically) so Autumn gives me the perfect excuse to allow my baggy jumpers and checked shirts to pass as fashion pieces. So today, I thought I would share with you all my first composed AW17 look. Please e…