Skip to main content

Amsterdam 2015/2016


Evening my lovely lovely friends! I have some super exciting news for you all... Firstly, this is my first non fashion related post...ooooh. But also, I am incredibly excited to tell you all that I will be in Amsterdam for a few days in January, hoping to share with you my outfits, travelling process and other experiences in the beautiful city that is Amsterdam. 



First of all, as some of you may know, I have already visited Amsterdam once before - last January in fact, and I absolutely loved it - hence why it was my choice of preference for this years trip. So, I just thought I would give you all an insight into what Amsterdam is like if you didn't know, and to share what I have experienced so far. I would also love if you could recommend me places to visit and ideas of what I may like to do. I am staying for a little longer than I did last time, so I will have time for a lot more magical adventures!



Firstly, this is where I stayed, 'Hotel Europa 92' which was a really sweet little boutique hotel, that had excellent access to the tramlines and to the main city of Amsterdam. It was lovely to be located in a small hotel, and the fact it was close by to several attractions such as Vondelpark, meant that everything was made super-duper easy. I would definitely say that the lack of English tv and the incredibly small bathroom facilities may not have been lavish lifestyle goals, but it was perfect for mine and Callum's little getaway. This time, we have found a new hotel to stay in, with a slightly different feel to it and I will definitely be showing you all what it's like!!! But for now, unless you follow my Instagram you will have no idea where it is! 



Now, considering we only stayed for a few days in January, we tried to get as much done as possible. Above are a few of my favourite parts about our visit, from the markets that sold delicious donuts and other confectionaries, to the Heineken bar that Callum was particularly impressed with. We also managed to pay a visit to the exceptional restaurant De Kas, which took us several tram journeys amongst getting lost, losing two Pandora charms, retrieving one from the tram track and finally running to our booking at De Kas (which we were late for... How awkward.) De Kas is a stunning restaurant set in a giant greenhouse with Instagrammable lighting and a direct view into the kitchen. Although I have the most boring tastebuds in the entire world, and the fact it was awfully expensive to dine at, it was a true experience and I would definitely recommend it if it is within your budget and you want to try something new. We visited many places including the Anne Frank house which was undeniably a queue throughout the entire museum, it was slightly disappointing although it's definitely a must see if you're in Amsterdam. A lot of the places we discovered were small, local places with delicious nachos, contorted hot chocolate, and amongst the most delightful people. I would say that even without spending any money, Amsterdam is a joy to walk around, and the beautiful river canals and general sights are definitely worth paying for. 


Last of all, whilst visiting, I tried to collect as many receipts, postcards and coasters as possible in order for me to create a little scrapbook as a memory of our time in the Dam. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same with January 2016's visit, and I will show you how I tend to create my little scrapbooks! I hope you've enjoyed today's blog post, I know it's a bit long but I am incredibly excited to revisit my favourite little place in the whole world.

See you soon, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| The Floral Dress | 17/10/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G Morning guys. This post is the final one displaying the photos from my first ever fashion shoot with  Now Photography  so I hope you enjoy as there will be more to come. I truly loved my first ever shoot and so I have decided to continue with this format of blogging. I feel as though I can maintain the personal and intimate side of my blog, while displaying some better quality images that provide a much better representation of the look I aim to achieve, and the details of my styling can be more accurately portrayed.  - OUTFIT - Dress:  ASOS Fishnets:  ASOS Boots:  New Look As you can probably tell, this blog post is entirely central to this gorgeous ASOS number. The floral dress of dreams. Whilst it may not be the simple 'little black dress' that is desirable in everyone's wardrobe, I feel as though this makes me feel just as good. The fit, the pattern, the button detailing and the almighty swish that t

| Festival / Holiday Look No.1 | 20/06/17 |

HELLO HELLO! So this is going to be a little 'saga' of looks I've selected that I think would be super appropriate for your summer holidays, or equally just as good as a festival outfit. I am aiming to make them as realistic as possible, in the sense that each outfit is something that I would actually wear on holiday, and also so that each look is relatively affordable and could incorporate items you already have hidden in your wardrobe, alongside more trend-based pieces. Hopefully, this will be a success and may inspire you while planning your own holiday outfits. I don't know about you guys, but I find it ever so tedious trying to plan holiday outfits, so I feel like this would help me! Lastly, I am going away soon myself, so I am hoping to use these blog posts to document outfit ideas that I will be able to wear myself! ENJOY. - OUTFIT - Top:  Pretty Little Thing Skirt:  ASOS Sunglasses:  Spitfire Earrings:  ASOS Espadrilles:  ASOS

| A Surprising New Love... | 14/11/17 |

G O O D  M O R N I N G | OUTFIT | Jacket:  Asos | Top: Adolescent  | Jeans:  Asos | Boots: Asos  | Hello again, and thanks for returning to my little space on the internet. How are we all doing today? Are you thinking about the 'C' word yet? Have you had too much caffeine this morning? Are you reflecting back on last weekends antics? Do you feel happy? Stressed? Is the cold weather pissing you off yet?  I know what you're thinking, ' I'm here to find out what this new found love is, why is she not giving me the answer... ' Well, my new found love,  Stranger Things aside, is the colour RED. For the season of AW17, I had set myself the goal of exploring more trends, and experimenting with my wardrobe through challenging myself to try and adopt the current trends to fit in with my existing clothes. Red was an in trend colour I felt dubious about, as I am not the biggest colour wearer, yet I have found myself picking up more and more red item