Skip to main content

Styling for Autumn



I finally feel like Autumn is really upon us - which means it is now appropriate to layer up, pop the fluffy socks on under your boots and embrace those nude colours! 

Firstly, apologies for the absence of a Fashion Friday post, I found myself unable to piece together an outfit I felt happy with, so I was weak and gave up - ha! 

Coat: F&F
Shirt: TKMaxx
Jeans: New Look
Boots: Asos

This assembly of items is really just aiming to excite you all about Autumn and to make you think about how you want to dress for the chilly weather this season. Personally, I find Autumn is a fantastic time of year because it's cold enough to feel cosy in all of your layers, however you don't have to worry about being genuinely cold because it's not quite reached freezing yet!! Also, I am really looking forward to wearing boots and warm socks and layering up with wool jumpers and shirts so that when I'm out walking the dog in the fields covered in crispy golden leaves, I can really get a feel for this time of year. 

So, the coat I am wearing is F&F from Tesco and I actually purchased this last year, close to Christmas, and got it for a bargain price. I love the colour and also love the style, a long coat really does keep you so much warmer than a bomber jacket or leather jacket might, and therefore it can last you through both Autumn and Winter. I paired this with a combination I've been wearing a lot recently - the shirt and jeans. The shirt is a great staple shirt as its relatively simple and can be worn both under a jumper and over a vest top. However, my real love is for these jeans from New Look. I absolutely love these because they are beyond comfortable, are very tight fitting which is surprising as I usually struggle with jeans being baggy at the ankle because I'm too short for them! These jeans tick all the boxes, and I feel they pair well with black and white best. I would 100% recommend New Look for their AW15 collection because they really do have some absolute gems - both jeans but also their jumpers and tops are on point! Last of all, the boots. These ankle boots were purchased last year and I bought these from Asos. I constantly find myself browsing on Asos for boots as I cannot ever choose a single pair because they are all so lovely - so much choice! However I bought these as they are flats and at the time I owned mostly heeled shoes. I actually got them for my holiday to Amsterdam because I assumed I'd be doing a lot of walking - which I did. Another great thing about these boots is that they are very spacious and comfortable which means you can fit some snug socks underneath without anyone knowing - sneaky! 

Hope you liked today's post! 
See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| Let Yourself Grow | 14/07/17 |

Morning everyone.  As the summer months are passing us by, I challenge you to stop and think, for almost a mid-year reflection. What have you achieved this year? How many times have you stepped out of your comfort zone and pushed the boundaries? Is there anything you have managed to do this year that you never thought you could?  It is so important for us to occasionally pause from our busy schedules that never naturally give us a breather, and to take an alternative perspective on our every move in order to reflect on whether we are allowing ourselves to grow. To become a better version of ourselves, with more experience, deeper emotions, and fonder memories.  Today, I aspire to use this blog post to share my own reflection, and the way I am truly feeling in the midst of 2017. Having this platform to share my thoughts is becoming such a great ordeal for me, to be able to express myself in a way I wouldn't usually, and to have a sense of purpose to my life that...