Skip to main content

| Going Back To Basics | 10/10/17 |



Gooood morning, and welcome back to the blog. Today, I wanted to share with you another post from my first fashion photo shoot. This outfit, I feel, is perfect for this transitional period, and is also verging on the smart side of fashion (for me anyway, lol). I really enjoyed piecing together this outfit, and trying to experiment with my personal style. As you all undoubtedly know, I often opt for the comfier garments and that aspect of my style definitely is portrayed through most of my blog posts. But equally, trying something new is exhilarating, particularly with Autumn homing into view so I want to diversify my wardrobe. I am loving the tailored look, and am growing fonder of fitted tops that enhance my body a lot more than a baggy tshirt or oversized jacket would. 


- OUTFIT -
Polo Top: Topshop
Tailored Trousers: ASOS
Boots: Office




When playing around with your wardrobe pieces and personal style, I think it is incredibly important to keep things basic. Trying too much at once is ultimately going to be far too overwhelming to become a permanent aspect of your style, so dipping your toes in is more logical than splashing out on a shirt that look like the rainbow threw up on it, or accessorising with a huge burnt orange faux fur scarf that swallows you up. Feeling comfortable and confident is key, hence why I have chosen to keep the colour theme extremely simple. All black is definitely a safe option, so I am able to feel positively trendy in some awkward length tailored trousers and heels. I also decided to add my most desirable possession to this look for extra confidence - these sunnies! Always.


Furthermore, knowing your body shape and what flatters you definitely aids in your decision making when trying something new. If you feel that you want to enhance your waistline, go for something very skimming over the tummy, and well fitted to your waist and hips. Knowing your body and what looks great will help you feel fabulous in whatever fashion choices you make. If you aren't a fan of your legs and feel as though they're a feature that makes you feel a bit self conscious, then maybe don't opt for a skirt that will reveal the things you're worried about. Find some funky trousers that pull you in at the waist and bellow out to a kick-flare or a cigarette style trouser in a burgundy or striped print. On the other hand though, don't limit yourself to safety if you don't want to, if you love that dress with a dangerously low v neckline then GO FOR IT!



Lastly, I just wanted to take some time to give you the run-down on the actual outfit in this post. Firstly, this polo top. I purchased this last year, but didn't get a lot of wear out of it, even during the winter months. I was pretty clueless on how to style this style of top (even though its so simple). I also didn't feel particularly great about wearing something so incredibly tight, but this season I think I am going to use polo neck tops to layer garments and to play around with the different fits that garments can have. Polo necks have a lot to offer and I am going to make the most of it!!!

Secondly, these ASOS tailored 3/4 length trousers. I purchased these in Spring as a bit of a 'try out' but in actual fact, I have been loving wearing these a lot. They're very flattering, but without being clingy or tight, which is perfect. I also love the ever so slight kick flare at the bottom of these trousers, and the way they skim over the calf. A big winner here...

So, the final aspect of this look I wanted to talk about are these ankle boots from Office. They're a patent black with a buckle detailing over the foot. They're relatively comfortable, however I would note that they aren't very soft inside, so wearing them for a longer period of time could become a slight challenge. I love how they look nonetheless, and they're definitely effortlessly cool in my opinion.


I hope you enjoyed this post, and are looking forward to seeing some more AW17 attire. There's plenty more to come. Also, if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see styled, let me know and I will see what I can do. Lastly, if you are interested, all of these photos were taken from my fashion shoot with Now Photography so be sure to check out their site if you are interested in having your own photo shoot, or if you have a more general interest in photography. Their work is really great, and I like to think you will enjoy scouring their website as much as I have been.

Peace out x


'And that's the most difficult part, she said. The traits you find most beautiful about the people you love become the things that are most painful to see after they've gone. Even something as sweet as a smile can do an awful lot of damage when it comes from the person you yearn for.' Beau Taplin / Sweet As A Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| Let Yourself Grow | 14/07/17 |

Morning everyone.  As the summer months are passing us by, I challenge you to stop and think, for almost a mid-year reflection. What have you achieved this year? How many times have you stepped out of your comfort zone and pushed the boundaries? Is there anything you have managed to do this year that you never thought you could?  It is so important for us to occasionally pause from our busy schedules that never naturally give us a breather, and to take an alternative perspective on our every move in order to reflect on whether we are allowing ourselves to grow. To become a better version of ourselves, with more experience, deeper emotions, and fonder memories.  Today, I aspire to use this blog post to share my own reflection, and the way I am truly feeling in the midst of 2017. Having this platform to share my thoughts is becoming such a great ordeal for me, to be able to express myself in a way I wouldn't usually, and to have a sense of purpose to my life that...