Skip to main content

1940's Tea Party - London Fashion Week


It's London Fashion Week this week, as some of you may already know, so it's a pretty exciting time for those of us who are fashion fanatics! If you follow me on Instagram: @angelhowarth then you may be aware that in celebration of London Fashion Week I am going to be blogging every day. Every day this week I will be choosing a time period and dressing accordingly. Fashion has been around for so many years, and to reflect upon how fashion has changed or in fact stayed the same, I thought fashion week was the perfect opportunity to show case this. ENJOY! 

So today's look is 1940's inspired. The tea dress I am wearing was purchased from a vintage fair in Leeds: The Kilo Sale. I actually purchased this only a few days ago, but fell in love with it. Thankfully, it actually fits me which was lucky since I never actually tried it on - in fact it fits me like a glove which is a real bonus. There is some slight wear and tear on parts of the dress, however since this seems to be an original (yes I've done my research), the handmade dress can be modified with a few stitches here and there! I love tea dresses, I think they're so elegant and lady-like; and they leave on show all the right places - not provocative in the slightest! I also adore the flower buttons on the chest, they're ever so sweet and give the dress such character! That's the beauty with vintage, the clothing has lived it's own little life and so bares so much character! 

I paired the dress with some heels from Topshop that I've popped on the blog before, but they seemed to be the most appropriate footwear in my wardrobe that matches with the theme! 

I hope you liked my 1940's blogpost, and I also hope you're excited to see what my 1950's blog post will bring! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

| Does The Internet Influence Your Mental Health? | 26/12/17 |

A F T E R N O O N | SHOP MY OUTFIT: | COAT:  New Look | TEE:  Reserved | TROUSERS:  New Look | TRAINERS: H&M  | The internet is such a strange world, and it is in fact its own world - so far from reality yet so close, it redefines society conceptually to be honest. The internet can bring such wonderful things into the world: the announcement of a new baby, an endless supply of fashion inspiration, the top news at the fastest rate, and so many amazing memories and conversations can be shared between the beautiful people on this planet. The internet is an extraordinary place, and even more so as someone who has grown up in this time of technology. I bloody love the internet and all it brings to the world, I honestly think the internet is such a great platform for humanity to connect, share and create. However, I have been wondering my mind recently, quite intently, and have found myself shying away from the internet, and social media platforms. Despi...

| First Year Away From Home | 26/09/17 |

So for today's post, I am marking the end of my first year living away from home. It has been a crazy and wonderful first year experiencing the world from my new home away from my family, and I really have enjoyed every minute of it. Therefore, I deemed it was necessary to pop up a blog post so that I can reflect back to this day, and to remember the joyous first year away from home. This time last year... Despite the fact it doesn't even seem like all that long ago I was living back at home, getting my dinner cooked for me and my washing done, I do believe I have learned a great deal in this time. From learning to cook (a bit) to managing my time between social time, uni work and housework, it has all been such a great experience. I have become incredibly independent, and it is something I feel as though I have taken to really well, I love being independent and making my own way around the world. Learning to be brave and manage adult tasks has been interesting, and I ...

| Let Yourself Grow | 14/07/17 |

Morning everyone.  As the summer months are passing us by, I challenge you to stop and think, for almost a mid-year reflection. What have you achieved this year? How many times have you stepped out of your comfort zone and pushed the boundaries? Is there anything you have managed to do this year that you never thought you could?  It is so important for us to occasionally pause from our busy schedules that never naturally give us a breather, and to take an alternative perspective on our every move in order to reflect on whether we are allowing ourselves to grow. To become a better version of ourselves, with more experience, deeper emotions, and fonder memories.  Today, I aspire to use this blog post to share my own reflection, and the way I am truly feeling in the midst of 2017. Having this platform to share my thoughts is becoming such a great ordeal for me, to be able to express myself in a way I wouldn't usually, and to have a sense of purpose to my life that...